The next meeting will be on Monday 30th November at Barbara’s house in Lombada, Ponta do Sol. Start time is 10 for 10.30am and tea/coffee will be available on arrival.
The theme for this month is ‘Welcome to Christmas’ and the session will begin with an introductory demonstration by Barbara followed by a workshop for everyone. The demonstration will show how a Christmas wreath might be decorated for different purposes such as hanging on a door, used as a table centre or suspended horizontally.
Due to the timing of the session it is suggested that dried and/or artificial materials are used rather than fresh foliage and flowers but a wreath could be partly decorated in preparation for the addition of fresh material at a later date if preferred.
If you wish to participate in the workshop you will need -
- a wreath - several plain, twiggy wreaths will be available for the workshop or you could buy/recycle a wreath of your own;
- some foliage, flowers, twigs and berries - preferably artificial;
- some small Christmas decorations e.g. baubles, pine cones, stars, bells, etc. to suit your chosen style and colour scheme;
- additional decorative materials such as ribbons, coloured wire, tinsel, beads, raffia;
- scissors and, if possible, a pair of pliers.
‘Oasis’ type floral foam may be needed but will be available to buy on the day if required.
There will be a charge of €2.00 (or €4.00 for non members of M3A) to cover the cost of other equipment, accessories and refreshments.
At the end of the morning there will be an option to go for lunch at a local eatery for anyone in the group who wishes to do so.